Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Interesting things

Today a few interesting things have happened. First, Kai ate 4 ounces of baby fruit!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. He has never eaten that much. His tube feedings aren't even quite 4 ounces (just a few mls less then 4 ozs). I was very excited that he took that much and that was interested in taking that much!

Second, I accidentally ripped Kai's Mic-Key button (his port where his feeding tube gets hooked up to) out of him. Good thing I knew the process of how to put on in back in, I just have never done it. Just a little scary at first! He didn't even cry or anything. The balloon inside that holds it in was still inflated. I couldn't believe that that whole thing came out through the hole on Kai's tummy, the balloon is almost an inch in diameter, but it's flexie. Below is a picture of his button that was ripped out. You can see the size of the balloon compared to the quarter sitting on next to it. The long skinny stem that goes through the balloon is about the size of Kai's hole that goes into his stomach.


No comments: