Monday, August 04, 2008

It's been a little while since I last posted. I would like to post every week, but it may not always happen. Last Thursday morning we had a wind storm that came through here. We had a little damage. Some of our siding from our house came off, singles from our shed came off, lost the top half of a tree and we lost the trampoline that grandma and grandpa just got for the boys about 2 weeks before hand. Unfortunately, the trampoline blew into our neighbors and did some damage over there. No more trampolines for us! Levi's parent's dock was over turned. The winds were clocked at mid 80's (mph) in the surrounding cities, so I'm not sure exactly what they were here. I had the boys and all the daycare kids in the storm shelter. I was so impressed by how well they did in there. We do our practice drills every month, but this is the first time we actually had to be in there. Great job, kids!

Saturday was mine and Levi's 5 year wedding anniversary. Can't believe it's been 5 years already. It has gone by fast and we have gone through a lot in that time. We spent the day doing yard work. Our yard has been getting neglected. Saturday evening, Levi's parents took the boys for a few hours and we went out to dinner. Sunday...well we were pretty much lazy! Gotta have one of those days every now and then right? We did take the boys to Minneopa State Park and saw the falls. They really enjoyed that. On the way home we stopped in at 7 Mile Creek Park. Then when we got home, we all take a nice long nap. It was great have a lazy day.

Today, I had my appointment at Abbott. I will write more about that in my next blog. As far as everything else...we still keep pretty busy with the boys. Jace is getting into the terrible two's. He gets into a lot of things and is constant about it. We still work with him and his speech. He is learning more words. He should be going back to the audiologist in September and he should be getting re-evaluated for speech therapy in September also. Gavin is getting to be so grown up. He talks up a storm sometimes. He is learning new things every day. He has also been getting for sassy with his mouth (which is not good). He has been doing well with the potty training. He just basically does a pull up at nap time or if we are out and about for a long period of time. Sheldon moved back to Missouri. Unfortunately we have a lot on our plate right now. We will miss having him around. Levi has been keeping busy with his tinkering with 4-wheelers and jet ski's. For those that don't know...he buys old ones, fixes them and resells them. As far as me...I keep busy with everything. I get tired easily, but I guess that is to be expected. I get overwhelmed sometimes with everything...I can't always keep up with all the household stuff.

Anyway, I will post a few pictures and then I will write the baby update blog.

No comments: