Monday, August 04, 2008

Baby Update at 28 weeks

Hello to all!

Today was our appointment up at Abbott. We still don't know the why, but we will not find anything about the why until after baby is born. The cysts on the brain are now gone--Yeah! What was a cystic hygroma on the back of baby's neck is now just considered swelling. With a hygroma there is a clear fluid and there is no longer that clear fluid, it is just the swelling. The nose bone is short. The swelling around the baby's belly seems to be stable. Baby weighs about 2 lbs and 7 oz. So this is what we know about baby. Now the other things that we found out today. I will be delivering up at Abbott. This makes it easier to take care of baby right after baby is born. Baby then can go to Children's Hospital (which is right next to Abbott) and they will be able to do all the stuff they need to do and run all the test they need to do. Hopefully we will find out more answers at that time. They want me to transfer my care up to Abbott now. It sounds like I will be induced and probably around 38 to 39 weeks (I'm 28 weeks now). This way we can avoid me going into labor. It sounds like it will be likely that I will have a c-section (which I am scared of, but I know that it will be best for baby). So my next appointment up there is September 3rd. We will have another ultrasound, then we have a transfer of care appointment (which I think is like a regular check up appointment) and then we will meet with the neonatal people from Children's Hospital. So that is the latest on baby boy Selly. Until next time. (Oh and for some reason I am having trouble uploading pictures).

No comments: