Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's been a few weeks since I have posted

Well, it's been a few weeks since I have posted, so I better post an update. We took the boys to the Nicollet County Fair. I wasn't all that impressed with the fair. The boys got to see all the animals and go on a few rides. Gavin did get scare on the little kiddie roller coaster. It did go a little too fast and bumpy. They had fun. A couple of weeks ago I took the boys up to Como Zoo. Gavin was so anxious to see Giraffes, so that was the main goal. It was a bit of a challenge taking them myself, but it worked out fine. The boys were very good when we were there. We are planning to go back up there on Labor Day so that Levi can go with us and we can do more up there. On our way home, the boys and I stopped in and visited my great grandma. It was nice to see her as I only see her every few months or so. Last Saturday was my sister, Tina's baby shower up north. She is due two weeks after me. Her shower turned out wonderful. Gavin and Jace got to play with their cousins as well. I did get to stop in and visit my friend, Melissa, who I haven't seen in a long time. It was great to see her and her family.

We had recently found out that Levi's sister is pregnant also! Very exciting news, she is due at the end of March. Another March baby for Levi's side of the family.

The boys are doing good. Gavin is pretty close to being completely potty trained. He does pretty well with a few accidents here and there. Jace is starting to learn how to count and learning his colors. He is learning more words, but still not up to where he is suppose to be. He is suppose to go to the audiologist next month for another hearing test. He is also suppose to be re-evaluated for speech therapy next month. We are hoping that he qualifies this time.

I'm now 30 1/2 weeks pregnant, but feel like I am farther along. I had more regular doctor's appointment yesterday. I'm right on track with everything. They are going to have my alternate appointments between Mankato and Abbott. So are next visit is up at Abbott on Sept 3. We are very anxious for that appointment. We meet up with the neonatologist that day as well. I will send out a baby update after that appointment.

Some sad news...we did find Duke (our dog) a new home. It was a little hard to do, but we knew it was for the best. He has too much energy for us and the kids. He was always knocking kids over. He was just getting to be too much and we didn't have time to exercise him. Where he went there were 2 kids, ages 6 & 9, so he will get played with and get some of the energy run off. We don't plan to get another dog.

Well until the next posting.

No comments: